"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes-and ships-and sealing-wax-
Of cabbages-and kings-
And why the sea is boiling hot-
And whether pigs have wings."

- The Walrus and the Carpenter by Lewis Carrol
(From Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872)

Friday, December 3, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog!

"And Whether Pigs Have Wings" is a line from one of my favorite Lewis Carrol pieces, "The Walrus and the Carpenter."  It's such a whimsical idea, right?  Flying pigs.  When pigs fly.  There was a time when I'd probably respond with "When pigs fly" when someone asked me if I wanted to have children.  Good thing we have the free will to change our minds.

So, anyway, welcome.  I'm not quite sure what format this blog is going to take.  I plan to let it grow organically.  But I hope to include thoughts on family life, on parenthood, and fun little tid-bits and milestones along our daughter's life.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment