"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes-and ships-and sealing-wax-
Of cabbages-and kings-
And why the sea is boiling hot-
And whether pigs have wings."

- The Walrus and the Carpenter by Lewis Carrol
(From Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872)

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Flying Solo

Tomorrow, Scott goes back to work.  He's been home with me through much of my early labor, and of course, since Abbey's delivery.  I don't know how I'd have done any of this without him - he's really stepped up to the plate to help out, particularly since I'm limited in what I can do because of my recovery from the C-Section.

So, while part of me is looking forward to quality time with Abbey on my own, and working to establish something that resembles a schedule, a larger part of me is dreading it.  Not because I don't think I'm equipped to handle it - I think I'll do just fine (as trying as it's bound to be sometimes).  It's more that I've so enjoyed this time together with the three of us.  I commented to the hubs earlier today that this was the longest we'd ever been together without having to work...well...ever.  It's been wonderful.  Now that I've had a taste, we so need to win the lottery.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Kevin plays the lottery all the time and I keep telling him to stop ... we have to save money for the baby :)

    Be strong sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete